Ok, so here's the deal. I told you guys I'm not good at this kind of thing. Combine that with not having internet for a week or so, and this web site has not been updated for a while. But all of that is about to change!!!
So the rest of last week was rather fun. I had the orchestra concert on Thursday (a BLAST as usual, I love playing movie music :D), followed by the movie Inception. Very good! Friday was a "get stuff done" kind of day, having morphed from a "go to Chicago" kind of day. Ended up being fun. Friday night I led my first bible talk (first of hopefully many). Very good experience there. Saturday was the going away party. Tears were shared, awkward moments were shared (thanks again, Dave) and was a really good experience getting to see everyone again. Saturday night was Jack Johnson. This was overall a very fun evening. It was great to spend time with Nicole and Bekah and Jack Johnson was an excellent entertainer. Very fun! Sunday was a sad occasion that quickly turned into a hurried occasion as all of the moving/cleaning took place then instead of Monday. Whew! Got a few more things done in the next few days, and woke up bright and early Tuesday morning to head out to California.
I ended up driving to Denver before stopping (my first two days of driving) for the day. It was really great to have a full day to spend with Dave, Sheila, Grammie, and others in CO. It was especially good to see Dave again, as it has been a LONG time since I have spent decent time with him. I am always thinking about him and it was definitely a good visit. Thursday morning I took off at 5 am (same time as tuesday) and ended up driving the rest of the way out to Bakersfield from Denver - a 16 hour drive. Needless to say, I was QUITE tired, but God definitely got me through it.
Now, I am sitting on a couch that four days ago I did not have, typing on the internet that two days ago I did not have and enjoying plenty of things that I have been blessed with. My dad is coming out to see me/bring me more furniture so he should be rolling around in the next few hours. The plan is to go check out the school tomorrow. Pictures should follow that event. Also, possibly a really hectic, anxious posting here regarding the status of my band hall. Who knows?
At any rate, things are going well. They are not perfect, but they never are. More updates will follow regarding my overall wellbeing and events that take place as a first year teacher. Should be exciting!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment